1. What is Maine defensive driving?
• Maine Defensive driving, often referred to as Maine traffic school (depending on your state), is the common term for an online driving course aimed at helping drivers reduce the risk of driving in dangerous conditions. A defensive driving course may also assist drivers who have received a traffic violation and would like to reduce the penalties associated with receiving a traffic ticket. A defensive driving class teaches specific driving techniques and is great for drivers of all ages.
2. What are the benefits of taking a Maine defensive driving course online?
• Successful completion of an approved online defensive driving course in Maine will often either completely remove or significantly reduce the points on your license or insurance increases that result from getting a traffic ticket or moving violation. Additionally, you will often be eligible for a fine reduction, no points on your record for the current violation, no insurance rate increases as long as there was no accident, and you will maintain your status as a safe driver.
3. Is defensive driving available online in Maine?
• Yes. Virtually every state offers some form of online defensive driving course, including Maine. It is important
4. What are the different types of Maine defensive driving courses?
• The most common form of defensive driving (or defensive driving) is a course designed to help Maine drivers reduce the risk of driving in dangerous conditions. However, an approved Maine defensive driving course can also reduce penalties, fines, increases in insurance, and points on your license after you have received a traffic ticket or citation. There are additional forms of defensive driving courses for a variety of different causes. The most common alternate forms of defensive driving include, but are not limited to, the following:
i. ME Traffic School Course – designed to help you reduce points on your license, lower fines for citations, prevent insurance increases, and maintain your safe-driver status.
ii. ME Driver Education Course – designed to teach you the basics of driving, and is usually reserved for younger or first-time drivers.
iii. ME Insurance & Point Reduction Course – designed to help reduce the amount of your car insurance premium or the total number of points on your license.
iv. ME Mature Driver Course – designed to give drivers over the age of 55 a reduction in the amount of their car insurance premium.
v. ME Suspended License Course – designed for drivers who have a suspended license and need to complete driver training to have a driver’s license reinstated.
5. How do I know if a defensive driving course is accepted in Maine?
• Generally speaking, when you register for an online defensive driving course, the program you are signing up for will tell you if the online defensive driving has been approved in Maine. It is important to check with your local Maine courthouse whether an online defensive driving class will be accepted to decrease the amount of your fine and reduce the number of points on your license. However, even if an online defensive driving is not accepted in Maine, you can often ask the court for permission to take a defensive driving class on the Internet in order to help reduce fines and penalties associated with a traffic ticket or citation.
6. How many times can I take an online defensive driving course in Maine?
• Generally, states limit the number of times you may take advantage of these types of courses. For example, some online defensive driving courses can not be taken more than once in any 12-month period, and may not be taken more than 5 times over the course of your life. It is important to check with your local Maine courthouse to determine how many times you are permitted to take a defensive driving course in Maine.
7. How do I sign up for a Maine defensive driving course online?
• The easiest way to sign up for an online defensive driving course is to simply choose one of the recommended online defensive driving courses from our site. We have provided links to defensive driving programs in Maine.
8. How much does a defensive driving class cost in Maine?
• The cost of an online defensive driving course in Maine is usually anywhere from $19.95 to $40. It is important to understand that even if a certain defensive driving course advertises itself as being the lowest price, there will generally be a certificate processing fee, as well as some state assessment fees, which will make the total price of the course no different than any other online defensive driving course. Additionally, depending on your state, there may additional fees that will have to be paid at your local courthouse.
9. How long does it take to complete a Maine online defensive driving course?
• While defensive driving requirements are different for each state, an online defensive driving class or defensive driving course in Maine generally involves a 4 to 8 hour online course in which you are required to learn about defensive driving techniques, traffic safety, and other rules of the road, and then answer a series of related questions.
10. How long do I have to complete an Internet defensive driving course in Maine?
• The time allowed to complete an online defensive driving class is different for each course and for each state. However, it is important to remember that you are generally required to elect to take a defensive driving course online prior to 30 days after receiving your Maine ticket or citation. Once you have paid the reduced fine and elected to take an online defensive driving, you will need to confirm with the course that you choose how much time you will have to complete the course.
11. What types of topics are covered in a Maine online defensive driving course?
• While topics covered in an online defensive driving course often vary depending on the course, classes often contain around 12 chapters, each of which outline a different aspect of driving safety. The general topics you will learn about while taking an online traffic course include, but are not limited to, the following:
i. Maine Defensive driving techniques
ii. Maine traffic signals, signs, and roadway markings
iii. Maine safe driving practices
iv. Maine basic driving info
v. Specific driving laws and rules and regulations, including state speed limits and DUI/DWI laws for Maine
vi. Maine traffic fatality statistics and information
vii. Responsibility of driving safely in Maine
viii. Maine defensive driving techniques for driving in the city, on the freeway, and in other various environments
ix. The challenges of driving in different weather conditions in Maine
x. The dangers of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
xi. Maine vehicle safety and maintenance.
12. Do I have to take a test to complete a Maine defensive driving class online?
• As stated above, online defensive driving is generally separated into 10-12 different categories, modules, or sections. At the end of each module (or section), you will be required to take a practice test of about seven or eight questions. You will be required to get all of the practice questions right in order to move on to the next section. While the questions generally related to the specific subject matter of the section, they are usually easy enough to answer from just one read of the content for that section. Additionally, at the end of all sections, you will likely be required to take and pass a final exam. The exam usually consists of 25-40 questions, and based on our review, you will be required to score an 80% or higher on the final exam to successfully complete the course.
13. Will I receive a “certificate of completion” when I complete a Maine defensive driving course?
• Yes. You will receive your “certificate of completion” once you have achieved a passing score of at least 80% on the final defensive driving exam.
14. How long does it take to receive a Maine defensive driving “certificate of completion”?
• After you complete an online defensive driving course, you will have several options on how you choose to receive your “certificate of completion”. Generally speaking, the cost of the course includes standing mailing of your certificate. However, most courses offer expedited certificate delivery services depending on your specific needs. You can usually get two-day certificate delivery or even overnight delivery (morning or afternoon) of your certificate for additional cost. Some programs even give you the option of receiving your “certificate of completion” instantly for an additional fee.
15. What do I do once I receive my “certificate of completion” in Maine?
• Each state and each court has specific requirements for the processing of certificates. In most cases, the online defensive driving course will mail the “certificate of completion” directly to the individual taking the class. However, you may have the option of having the certificate of completion mailed directly to the courthouse on your behalf. Make sure that you check with the online defensive driving course you are signing up for to see if this service is available. Also, make sure you follow the requirements of Maine or your local courthouse for how to properly present the “certificate of completion” to receive credit.
16. Am I able to get an insurance reduction when I complete a Maine defensive driving course online?
• Many states, including Maine, offer the ability to obtain a reduction in your car insurance premium or a reduction in the number of points in your license simply by taking an online defensive driving course. This is true even if the defensive driving course is not approved by Maine to reduce traffic ticket fines and/or penalties. It is important to check with your car insurance company to confirm whether or not you will be given an insurance reduction for completing a defensive driving course. You can also view our insurance reduction section now to see if your state offers an insurance reduction course.
17. What if I have more questions about taking a defensive driving class online in Maine?
• If you have more questions about taking an online Maine defensive driving course, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.