1. What is Iowa traffic school?
• Iowa Traffic school, often referred to as Iowa defensive driving (depending on your state), is the common term for an online driving course in basic traffic safety and safe driving skills. Traffic school is generally taken after a driver receives a traffic violation. Virtually every state offers an online Iowa traffic school or Iowa defensive driving class.
2. What are the benefits of taking a Iowa traffic school course online?
• Successful completion of an approved Iowa online traffic school course on the internet will often either completely remove or significantly reduce the points on your Iowa license or insurance increases that result from getting a traffic ticket or moving violation. Additionally, you will often be eligible for a fine reduction, no points on your record for the current violation, no insurance rate increases as long as there was no accident, and you will maintain your status as a safe driver.
3. Is traffic school available online in Iowa?
• Yes. Virtually every state offers some form of online traffic school, including Iowa.
4. What are the different types of Iowa traffic schools?
• The most common form of traffic school (or defensive driving) is a course designed to help Iowa drivers reduce penalties, fines, increases in insurance, and points on your license after you have received a traffic ticket or citation. There are, however, additional forms of traffic school courses for a variety of different causes. The most common alternate forms of traffic school include, but are not limited to, the following:
i. IA Defensive Driving Course – designed to teach you various driving techniques to help make you a better driving.
ii. IA Driver Education Course – designed to teach you the basics of driving, and is usually reserved for younger or first-time drivers.
iii. IA Insurance & Point Reduction Course – designed to help reduce the amount of your car insurance premium or the total number of points on your license.
iv. IA Mature Driver Course – designed to give drivers over the age of 55 a reduction in the amount of their car insurance premium.
v. IA Suspended License Course – designed for drivers who have a suspended license and need to complete driver training to have a driver’s license reinstated.
5. How do I know if a traffic school is accepted in Iowa?
• Generally speaking, when you register for an online traffic school course, the program you are signing up for will tell you if the online traffic school has been approved in Iowa. It is important to check with your Iowa courthouse whether an online traffic school class will be accepted to decrease the amount of your fine and reduce the number of points on your license. However, even if an online traffic school is not accepted in Iowa, you can often ask the court for permission to take a traffic school class on the Internet in order to help reduce fines and penalties associated with a traffic ticket or citation.
6. How many times can I take an online traffic school Iowa?
• Generally, states limit the number of times you may take advantage of these types of courses. For example, some online traffic schools and defensive driving courses can not be taken more than once in any 12-month period, and may not be taken more than 5 times over the course of your life. It is important to check with your local Iowa courthouse to determine how many times you are permitted to take a traffic school in Iowa.
7. How do I sign up for a Iowa traffic school course online?
• The easiest way to sign up for an online traffic school course is to simply choose your state and then select one of the recommended online traffic school courses from our site. We have provided links to traffic schools in Iowa.
8. How much does a traffic school class cost in Iowa?
• The cost of an online traffic school course in Iowa is usually anywhere from $19.95 to $40. It is important to understand that even if a certain traffic school course advertises itself as being the lowest price, there will generally be a certificate processing fee, as well as some state assessment fees, which will make the total price of the course no different than any other online traffic school course. Additionally, depending on your state, there may additional fees that will have to be paid at your local courthouse.
9. How long does it take to complete a Iowa online traffic school course?
• An online traffic school class or defensive driving course in Iowa generally involves a 4 to 8 hour online course in which you are required to learn about traffic safety and rules and then answer a series of related questions. While traffic school requirements are different for each state, the general theme of most traffic schools is a specified number (often 4-8) of hours of online education for basic driver improvement.
10. How long do I have to complete an Internet traffic school course in Iowa?
• The time allowed to complete an online traffic school class is different for each course and for each state. However, it is important to remember that you are generally required to elect to take a traffic school course online prior to 30 days after receiving your Iowa ticket or citation. Once you have paid the reduced fine and elected to take an online traffic school, you will need to confirm with the online course how much time you have to complete the class.
11. What types of topics are covered in a Iowa online traffic school course?
• While topics covered in an online traffic school course often vary from state to state, classes often contain around 12 chapters, each of which outline a different aspect of driving safety. The general topics you will learn about while taking an online traffic course include, but are not limited to, the following:
i. Iowa basic driving information
ii. Specific driving laws and rules and regulations, including state speed limits and DUI/DWI laws for Iowa
iii. Responsibility of driving safely in Iowa
iv. Iowa defensive driving techniques
v. Iowa traffic signs, signals and roadway markings
vi. Iowa safe driving practices
vii. Techniques for driving in the city, on the freeway, and in other various environments in Iowa
viii. The challenges of driving in different weather conditions in Iowa
ix. The dangers of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
x. Iowa traffic fatality statistics
xi. Iowa vehicle safety and maintenance.
12. Do I have to take a test to complete a Iowa traffic school class online?
• Online traffic school is generally separated into 10-12 different categories, modules, or sections. At the end of each module (or section), you will be required to take a practice test of about seven or eight questions. You will be required to get all of the practice questions right in order to move on to the next section. While the questions generally related to the specific subject matter of the section, they are usually easy enough to answer from just one read of the content for that section. Additionally, at the end of all sections, you will likely be required to take and pass a final exam. The exam usually consists of 25-40 questions, and based on our review, traffic schools frequently require you to score an 80% or higher on the final exam to successfully complete the course.
13. Will I receive a “certificate of completion” when I complete a Iowa traffic school course?
• Yes. You will receive your “certificate of completion” once you have achieved a passing score of at least 80% on the final traffic school exam.
14. How long does it take to receive a Iowa traffic school “certificate of completion”?
• After you complete an online traffic school course, you will have several options on how you choose to receive your “certificate of completion”. Generally speaking, the cost of the course includes standing mailing of your certificate. However, most courses offer expedited certificate delivery services depending on your specific needs. You can usually get two-day certificate delivery or even overnight delivery (morning or afternoon) of your certificate for additional cost. Some programs even give you the option of receiving your “certificate of completion” instantly for an additional fee.
15. What do I do once I receive my “certificate of completion” in Iowa?
• Each state and each court has specific requirements for the processing of certificates. In most cases, the online traffic school course will mail the “certificate of completion” directly to the individual taking the class. However, you may have the option of having the certificate of completion mailed directly to the courthouse on your behalf. Make sure that you check with the online traffic school course you are signing up for to see if this service is available. Also, make sure you follow the requirements of Iowa or your local courthouse for how to properly present the “certificate of completion” to receive credit.
16. Am I able to get an insurance reduction when I complete a Iowa traffic school course online?
• Many states, including Iowa, offer the ability to obtain a reduction in your car insurance premium or a reduction in the number of points in your license simply by taking an online traffic school course. This is true even if the traffic school course is not approved by Iowa to reduce traffic ticket fines and/or penalties. It is important to check with your car insurance company to confirm whether or not you will be given an insurance reduction for completing a traffic school course. You can view our insurance reduction section now to see if your state offers an insurance reduction course.
17. What if I have more questions about taking a traffic school class online in Iowa?
• If you have more questions about taking an online traffic school course, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.